We know that there are more and more platforms to watch series and movies, so it is very likely that you have a lot of doubts about which subscription to buy.
If paying for all platforms isn’t among your options, you’ll be interested in knowing what the pros and cons of each streaming content company are.
In this specific article, we help you choose between Netflix or Disney Plus: which of the two is better?
You can also read our comparison between Netflix and Amazon Prime Videoor in case you have any doubts between these two platforms.
1. Price: Disney Plus is cheaper
- Disney Plus is cheaper than Netflix
Price will undoubtedly be the deciding factor for many, many users. We all have an interest in paying the lowest price possible. However, you will need to consider what each price includes. Sometimes paying a little more offers more services, which is why what is expensive can end up being “cheaper”.
If we compare the price of Disney Plus and Netflix, the answer is initially simple: Disney Plus offers a cheaper service, although the difference is not huge.
On the one hand, Netflix offers three different formulas depending on the use you are going to give to your account:
- Basic plan: It’ll cost you $ 7.99 per month, but you can only view and download content on one screen at a time. You will be able to see the content in standard definition, i.e. SD.
- Standard diet: It will cost you 11.99 dollars per month and you will be able to watch content on two screens simultaneously, the definition will be in HD.
- Plan premium: It will cost you 15.99 dollars per month. You will be able to see Ultra High Definition (UHD) content and you will be able to see it on four screens at the same time.
On the other hand, Disney Plus only offers one package, but two different payment methods. It will cost you less if you pay all at once for a whole year instead of month to month. A Disney Plus subscription includes 4K content and the ability to play videos on four different devices at the same time. The price is as follows:
- Monthly subscription: $ 8.99 per month
- Annual subscription: $ 89.90 per year (you end up paying $ 5.83 per month if you divide by 12)
Considering the above, the cheapest way is an annual Disney Plus membership, as you’ll be paying 5.83 for four screens at the same time. This means that you can share the account with three other people and thus be able to divide the expenses by four (you will end up paying $ 1.50 per month if you choose this option).
Also be aware that Disney Plus offers a seven-day free trial, that is, you can take advantage of this option, while Netflix has removed its free trial version.
2. Disney Plus and Netflix catalog
Another essential point to take into account when choosing one platform or another will undoubtedly be its catalog of series and films. Disney Plus might be cheaper, but if you’re not interested in the content it offers, you won’t mind the price.
If you look at the quantity first (you don’t want to exhaust the available content right away), know that in both cases you would have to spend years of your life watching movies and series without stopping to exhaust all the library . The amount of content should therefore not be of concern to you.
Now, beyond the amount of content, what’s important is the type of content itself. You will surely have guessed that the content of Disney Plus is something more childish (even so, adults and adults alike will surely enjoy the movies and series available as dwarves).
However, in addition to the Disney classics, Disney Plus also offers many wonder movies and of Pixar, besides incredible National Geographic Documentaries. You may also be interested to know what are our favorite movies of the platform.
At the same time, Disney is including more adult content in its catalog thanks to the addition of Star, which is the international equivalent of Hulu.
On the other hand, on Netflix there is more variety. It is a platform designed for adults and children. You can find movies of all kinds, genres, and some of the hottest shows around.
To give you a better idea of what kind of content you can watch on Netflix, you might be interested in knowing what the best series available on Netflix or the best movies.
On Netflix, you can also access a personalized platform for boys and girls (Netflix Kids) with series and movies that the little ones will undoubtedly enjoy. Of course, we know that Disney and Pixar take the medal in terms of this type of content.
3. Devices compatible with Disney Plus and Netflix
It is also important that you take into account the devices on which you want to take advantage of the service in Diffusion since, obviously, if it is not compatible with your device, it probably does not interest you.
Netflix is compatible with the following devices:
- Multimedia players: Apple TV, Google Chromecast
- Smart TV: Hisense, LG, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba
- Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One
- Decoders: Movistar +, Vodafone
- Blu-ray players: LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba
- Smartphones and tablets: Android, iOS, ipadOS, Windows Phone
- Computers: You can watch Netflix in any web browser
Disney plus is available for the following devices:
- TV: Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, AppleTV, Chromecast, LG, Roku, Samsung
- Computers: Chrome OS, MacOS, Windows PC
- Mobile and tablet: Amazon Fire, Android, iOS, ipadOS
- Video consoles: PS4, Xbox One
As you can see, the selection of compatible devices in both cases is so varied that we don’t think it will be a problem, let alone influence your purchasing decision. However, it is still important to keep the compatibility of the two platforms in mind.
If we had to choose between one of the two platforms, we would stay with Netflix. The content is limited exclusively to Disney, Pixar, or Marvel productions, otherwise it features all kinds of genres from different production companies (in addition to content produced by Netflix).
Some of the most popular series of the moment are available on Netflix. We call titulazos For 13 reasons, Stranger Things, La Casa de Papel O Black mirror. Obviously, Disney has some all-time classics that we’d love to see again and again, but we went with the Netflix variety anyway.
On the other hand, if you need to share the account with minors (or if you are crazy about Disney, Marvel or Star Wars), you might be interested in opting for the Disney Plus platform.
The best of all options? If you can afford it: pay for both platforms (although obviously the point of this article was to help you choose between one of the two).