The Amazon company in recent weeks has promoted its second-hand section a lot, since now they are the ones who sell and manage the products, and not external sellers (although there are also some). A place where they promise to have all kinds of products, some of which have not even been used, simply because their original packaging has been opened.
It’s a great way to take advantage of a price drop if you’re interested in a particular item. Now, what guarantees do you have? Do used processors work well? Let’s see all the details.
Is it profitable to buy something used?
This is the doubt that we all have, since sometimes we find a product at 200$ for 80$ and we think that it is a bargain, however, the fact that it is second-hand and what its condition will be, we raises doubts.
CPUs are one of the products that we are most interested in buying in this state because they are usually expensive, at least if we are looking for a good one, and buying them used reduces their price considerably.
Amazon bets a lot on this market, and thousands of processors can be found there. Here is the link for you to take a look.
At the time of this article you can find an Intel Core i5-12400F like new for only 98$ while its sealed sale price is +160$. You should keep in mind that these products fly because they usually arrive one by one and there is usually not a lot of stock, so it is possible that when you read this it is no longer available.
Now well, Can we trust the status of the product? This is the main problem with such a purchase. In this case, Amazon wants to give us all the guarantees and offers us a free return if what we buy is not in the conditions they advertise, so it can be annoying to have to buy and return products, but in this case we know that , if We are looking for something cheaper, this is a great option because we will always end up paying for what we had in mind.
Los processors son de los components más reliable que tiene un PC, à diferencia de otros, estos pueden durarte à la vida útil de tu ordenador y por tanto que alguien te haya vendido el suyo no quiere decir que en 1 año vayas a tener que cambiarlo again. Our recommendation is always look for processors that hit the market less than 2 years agoThis way, you can guarantee that anything you buy will be almost brand new, won’t be cheated on, and will last a long time.
Regarding the states, Amazon classifies them as follows.
- Just as it sounds. The product is completely new. It should always be covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty and its terms should be specified in detail in the product description. Item retains original packaging on most items described as new, but some items, such as shoes, may be shipped boxed in another box.
- Used – Like new or opened packaging
- Product in perfect working order. It may not have the protective cellophane wrapping, but the original packaging is intact and in good condition. Includes instructions.
- Used – Very good
- Well maintained product that has been little used and works perfectly. The product may show minimal signs of wear, small scratches or superficial imperfections. The product may arrive with damaged or repackaged packaging with some missing accessories. In each article the missing accessories are clearly specified.
- Used – Good
- The product shows signs of wear from continued use, although it is in good condition and functions properly. The product may arrive with damaged packaging or it may have been repackaged. The product may have marks from its previous owner or minor superficial damage. It is also possible that some parts or accessories are missing such as screws (in the case of furniture) or the instruction manual.
- Used – Acceptable
- The product is worn, although it functions correctly. The product may arrive with damaged packaging or it may have been repackaged. Signs of wear can be cosmetic issues such as scratches, dents and worn edges. The product may have marks from its previous owner. Some parts or accessories may be missing such as screws (in the case of furniture) or a mouse or USB cable (in the case of laptops).
In short, if you’re looking for a processor or other component for your computer, you have to ask yourself if the discount you’re getting is worth it, because if you’re doing it on Amazon, you won’t mind risking it if it goes wrong . Since they say that all your products are checked before assigning a statusso we have to try to trust them and think that they will come as instructed, otherwise you will always have the option to return it.
Leave a Reply