Computers can be used to play games, browse, edit and even design different objects. One of the 2D and 3D design software is AutoCAD which was released in 1982. Well if you are a person who is going to use the AutoCAD professionally we will tell you what they are the best processors that you can use
The truth is that this software is quite demanding, especially when it comes to 3D editing. Keep in mind that the processor is important, but also the amount of RAM memory or the graphics card used. Using a processor with many cores and 8 GB of RAM does not make sense, there must be a balance.
System Requirements for AutoCAD
If we are talking about programs for 2D plan drawing and 3D modeling, we are practically talking about this software designed by Autodesk. It has been on the market for many years and is currently considered the most complete and robust. As a result, it is widely used, especially to design electrical plans and for house plans, among others.
We must point out that the the requirements are not too demanding. Of course, then we must take into account that the better the specifications, the more fluidity we will achieve. According to the official AutoCAD page, the requirements are as follows:
- Processor: As Minimum the processor must be working between 2.5 GHz and 2.9 GHz. It is recommended that the processor runs at 3.0 GHz or higher
- RAM: He establishes a 8 GB minimumalthough 16 GB or more is recommended
- Graphic card: The minimum a graphics card should offer is 1 GB of VRAM memory with a bandwidth of 29 GB/s and compatible with DX11. It is recommended that the graphics card has 4GB VRAM with 106GB/s bandwidth and supports DX12
- Storage: At least 10 GB of free space on the hard drive
- Filter: At least one screen 1080p resolution with true color. A high resolution 4K display compatible with Windows 10 is recommended
Ideal processors for AutoCAD
As you can see, Autodesk does not specify a specific number of cores to use this software. They simply indicate working frequencies, which virtually all AMD Ryzen and Intel Core processors easily exceed. Then, the more cores we have, the better the final performance will be. We have chosen two very interesting options.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
It’s him better processor currently in terms of value for money
Intel Core i7-12700K
We are now starting with a processor that has an interesting advantage for AutoCAD software. The new Intel processors combine power cores, which come in when the load is high, and efficiency cores, which when the power cores are activated help perform certain tasks, improving performance.
This processor has 8 power cores (P-Cores) and 4 efficiency cores (E-Cores), with a total of 20 processing threads (only power cores have processing threads). E-Cores operate at a base frequency of 2.7 GHz and in Boost mode they can reach 3.8 GHz, while P-Cores operate at 3.6 GHz and can reach 5.0 GHz.