The exciting virtual reality world is now more accessible than ever thanks to VR viewers such as Oculus Demand, Vive cosmos and, PlayStation VR for PlayStation 4.
If you are very lucky or lucky to have one of these metal protection helmets on your property, you may be a little disappointed while setting it up. It's not an easy and fast process, especially if you want to start using your PSVR.
Fortunately, you've reached the right place. Next, we will guide you step by step on everything you need to do to enter the amazing virtual reality universe that can be seen through PlayStation VR glasses.
Requirements for using the PlayStation VR helmet for the PS4
Although it may seem unnecessary at first, this list of requirements for using a PlayStation VR helmet will be helpful if you don't know that the virtual reality viewer doesn't come with everything you need to use in the box.
In fact, the standard package doesn't even include the PlayStation Camera, which is essential to use PSVR. Below, we summarize everything you need to have readily available to play PlayStation VR on your PS4.
- PlayStation VR package (viewer, processor unit, ears, HDMI cable, USB cable, AC adapter and cable, PSVR adapter connector
- Playstation Camera
- PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 4 Pro
- The Sony DualShock 4 is far away
- 2 x PlayStation controller (optional but recommended)
How to set up a PlayStation VR viewer
When you open your PlayStation VR box for the first time, you'll see that it's packed with elements and cables, and that PlayStation 4, PlayStation Camera and controls are not included. All of these, as we have said, are sold separately.
These are the steps to follow to prepare for PlayStation VR configuration:
1. First, point the processor unit (black box) and slide the cover to reach the ports. Insert the HDMI cable into the HDMI output port of your PS4 and into the "HDMI PS4" port of the processing unit.
At the same time, you must connect a second HDMI cable to your TV and plug it into the "HDMI TV" port that you will see again in the processor unit.
2. Now, take the USB cable. Insert the USB backbone into the processor unit and the USB end into the USB port of your PS4 (on PS4 Pro you will see that you have an additional USB port).
3. Next, connect the AC adapter power cable to the processor and outlet.
4. Time to set the viewer off. Locate the PlayStation VR connectivity cable and connect it to the front of the processor. Keep an eye out and do so keeping in mind that the signs are on the right track.
After that you can connect your watch finder to the other end of the cable, but always make sure the cable signals are compatible with each cable.
5. Now that the VR viewer is connected, it's time to connect the PlayStation Camera, remember that it's not to pack. Connect the camera cable to the compatible port on the back of the PS4.
You should also place the camera on or under the television, always making sure that nothing is stopping your field of view.
6. With all the features connected to your PlayStation 4, it's time to open your game console. Just give it a power button and follow the instructions on the screen to adjust your play area.
Once you've completed this process, you'll have everything ready to start playing in the real world. If you also have Mov controls, you can connect to your PS4 using a USB cable and press the PlayStation button to connect it.