First announced in 2016, it was set to launch alongside the OnePlus 8 series and it has been leaked time and time again, the wait has been long, but the OnePlus Watch is finally here.
The OnePlus Watch, which will arrive alongside the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro, is the second portable company (after the OnePlus Band) and its first connected watches.
It’s a circular dial watch with physical activity tracking and smart functions, and it’s compatible with other products in the OnePlus ecosystem, not just phones.
Here’s everything you need to know about the OnePlus Watch, from its release date to its price, features, and more.
When will the OnePlus watch be released?
Although rumors of a OnePlus smartwatch go back years and its launch has been (incorrectly) announced at least once, OnePlus ultimately pulled the trigger and unveiled the watch at its launch event on March 23, 2021, in which the company’s OnePlus 9 series smartphones were also unveiled.
Regarding in-store availability, the company initially cited a launch date of April 1, but it quickly adjusted to pre-order availability starting April 14, and general purchasing began on April 14. April 26.
The limited-edition variant, meanwhile, arrives in Europe on June 7, available exclusively through Instagram, closed after a contest for fans of the brand.
The official press release for the competition reads: “OnePlus will be holding an invite code hunt on their local Instagram pages, during which community members in Europe will have the opportunity to participate in a series of virtual games. specials to earn their code for this limited edition. device.
The event will continue on June 17, when users will have 1 hour to find the hidden web link, on OnePlus Instagram channels, to purchase the OnePlus Watch Cobalt on OnePlus.com.
How much will the OnePlus watch cost?
While an exact price was never disclosed, the expected price appears to have been right, with an official suggested retail price of $ 159, which places it in the same region as the Amazfit GTR 2 / GTS 2, while lowering the price of watches like the Apple Watch Series 6, the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and the.
The price of the limited edition variant has yet to be revealed.
What are the design and specifications of the OnePlus watch?
OnePlus’s Pete Lau laid out the design philosophy for the OnePlus watch ahead of its unveiling. “Our priority for the devices that are part of the OnePlus ecosystem is to offer fashionable designs, provide seamless connectivity and deliver the best user experience. And the new OnePlus watch is no exception. It will cover :
- A stunning, stress-free design that separates you from the crowd. For us, no detail is too small;
- Seamless connectivity between OnePlus smartphones, audio devices, smart devices and even OnePlus TVs, making smart control of all these devices simple and intuitive;
- A first-class experience at an affordable price, so that more OnePlus users around the world can enjoy our seamless, charge-free connection experience.
While aspects like the chipset are kept under wraps, it is evident that OnePlus did not go with Google’s Wear OS operating system, but rather have the watch run the RTOS system, which offers all kinds of functions, from the fitness tracking at the TV remote control control.
It supports more than 110 training modes, as well as automatic exercise detection, you can turn off the OnePlus TV at bedtime and has storage space for up to 500 songs, with plug Bluetooth support for wireless headphones and offline playback.
OnePlus has introduced two variants, the Classic model and the Cobalt Limited Edition, which improves the case material of cobalt alloy and the cover glass of sapphire crystal; however, beyond these changes, specifications and functionality remain the same on both variants.
Here’s a full rundown of OnePlus Watch’s features:
- 1.39-inch (454 x 454) circular AMOLED display with 326 ppi
- 316L stainless steel case (classic), cobalt alloy case (cobalt limited edition)
- Fluoroelastomer strap (Classic), leather strap with butterfly buckle (Cobalt limited edition)
- 4 GB of ROM (approximately 2 GB accessible by the user)
- Compatible with Android, not with iOS
- Built-in speaker and microphone
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 402mAh battery
- 2 pogo charger
- Water resistance 5ATM
- IP68 certified
- 45 grams without strap, 76 grams with strap) – Classic
- 45 grams without bracelet, 67 grams with bracelet) – Cobalt Limited Edition
- 46.4mm x 46.4mm x 10.9mm
- Colors: Midnight Black, Moonlight Silver, limited edition Cobalt (oro)
If you want to know what he’s up against, check out our roundup of the best. connected watches available now.
Original article published in English on our sister site TechAdvisor.