Open source programs are very popular because we don’t have to pay to use these programs. But, within the software, a new type of license began to appear. We are talking about prayer itemsa type of license that we ask us to pray power like that use the software in question.
All computer software has some type of license for its use. The most common are proprietary, which requires you to pay to use it, like Photoshop. Then we have Open Sources which has several categories, depending on whether we can edit the code or not. But a new type of license is emerging, to say the least curious.
Prayerware, praying to be able to use a computer program
This type of license is not particularly common, but how it works is quite curious. owns his origin in the Protestant Christian religion. Whoever develops this software is not looking for financial compensation, but a spiritual “compensation”. Simply put, the end user prays to the developer of the program and thus gets “permission” to use the program.
Curiously, the Software developed under this type of license is increasing. It is rightly listed as one of the many types of software licenses available.
We’re really talking about some kind of hybrid between proprietary license and freeware. We can download the program in question and use it without major problems and without economic cost. The user will just have to say a prayer or pray for the developer’s approval. Most of the time, programs with this license come from the background of the Protestant Christian faith.
It is cataloged prayer articles in the category of ” Others “ which refers to the types of alternative license
- Owner: payment for the use of the program in question
- Free software: I can use the software for free, but it is subject to copyright restrictions
- Shareware: we are allowed to use software freely, but with limitations. Windows 10 would be an example, since we can download and install it for free, but some functions are not accessible if we do not acquire a license
- Open-source: any software distributed free of charge and whose code we can modify. Basically most Linux distributions
The term Otherware is used for software that is free, but requires certain actions to be used. The Prayerware license allows us to use the program simply by praying.
It’s not the only extravagant license you can find
Although this software license is quite strange, there are other types of licenses that abound. We’ll highlight the funniest ones:
- Beer glasses: This type of license obliges the user to buy a beer from the author or in some cases, that the user drinks a beer in honor of the author
- Maintenance : The user is prompted to press or make a Don for the charity that the user wants (sometimes the software developer indicates the charity to donate to)
- Items for cats: For this type of license, we simply need to have a cat as a pet
- Postcards : Here the user must send him a postcard during development software
- Sister articles: This is one of the weirdest and is that the user has to introduce your sister to the developer software
Let us know in the comments if you know of these crazy software licenses and which ones you’d like to try.