Samsung showed off the new One UI Watch experience during its showcase event which was carried out in streaming mode coinciding with the celebration of the new edition of the CMM 2021 held in Barcelona.
The new smartwatch operating system, developed in collaboration with Google, promises to deliver new experiences of using the smartwatch with the smartphone, as expected at the developer conference. Google I / O.
With what was shown yesterday, we have a new perspective of what will come next, since Samsung has also anticipated when the new Galaxy Watch will be presented with these novelties.
When will One UI Watch arrive?
Parece que será más pronto que tarde, es decir, a lo largo de este mes de verano, muy probably durante la primera semana de Agosto, dado que Samsung ha revelado que One UI Watch será presentado junto al nuevo Galaxy Watch en el próximo Unpacked de the company.
Samsung usually has a presentation event throughout the first week of August, which has happened in recent years, in which so far the family has announced
It will be then that we can see all of this news that the company has already anticipated, running on what will be the first Samsung Watch smartwatch that will run the new version of the One UI Watch operating system on the unified Google platform.
What will One UI Watch look like?
Samsung and Google have both worked together and put all the meat on the grill to develop a more competitive smartwatch than the alternative we all know which has a first and last name and is called Apple Watch.
In recent years, Google has let the ground eat with a version of the Android Wear operating system for connected watches in the doldrums. After the acquisition of Fitbit, and the agreement now with Samsung, Google intends to strengthen its operating system and strengthen its presence in this market.
With the introduction of One UI Watch, Samsung will gradually put aside Tizen OS, the software that currently runs on all of its Galaxy Watch devices, a bet for which it had to create its own application platform.
Not much has been specified about support for previous Galaxy Watch models, although there is every reason to believe that the original Galaxy Watch launched in August 2018 may stop receiving support by the end of this year.
Other later models could follow the same cases although later, as in the case of the Watch active
What are the main new features of One UI Watch?
One UI Watch promises to seamlessly integrate the One UI mobile experience found on Galaxy smartphones with the Galaxy Watch. Among the novelties expected by Samsung, developed with Google, it is worth highlighting:
- LTE connectivity: eSIM coverage with global operators.
- Automatic app installation: Apps downloaded to your phone will automatically appear on the clock (when there is a portable version of the app).
- Synchronization of applications between devices: the time zones defined on the smartphone will be automatically synchronized with the clock.
- Control between devices: it will also be possible to block calls and messages on your phone from the Samsung Watch with One UI Watch.
- More speed and runtime: Apps will start 30% faster, while sensors will offer continuous heart rate monitoring with less power consumption.
- Access to Google and Android Apps: Users will be able to access apps such as Google Maps and apps downloaded from the Google Play Store such as Spotify, Calm, and Strava.
- New Watch Face Design Tool – Available for Android developers to easily create new watch faces.
Samsung is finalizing the launch details at its next Unpacked event, which will be the Galaxy Watch 4, with full support for One UI Watch. The event could take place on August 3 if we follow the dates of previous years, which remains to be confirmed.
Take a look at our special ranking of the best smartwatches of the year.