Since the arrival of Windows 10 in 2015, there has never been a bad time to buy a new computer or laptop. It is true, of course, that it is always advisable to do this during sales or during sales events like Black Friday.
However, that all changed with the announcement of Windows 11. Microsoft’s new operating system brings major visual and functional changes, and it’s something that more than 1.3 billion Windows 10 users will want to take advantage of. .
But is it worth buying a new laptop or a new computer now that it comes with a Software which will soon be obsolete? We tell you everything you need to know.
Exclusive offer: Windows 10 Pro for only $ 49.99
Should you buy a laptop or a Windows 10 computer?
If you want to buy a new device and can afford it, yes. All Windows 10 devices will be able to upgrade to Windows 11 in 2022, provided they meet the requirements of Equipment update from Microsoft.
Among other things, you should have an Intel, AMD or ARM (2018 or later) based processor, 16 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage minimum, and a 720p display of 9 “or more. Even with the cheapest Intel chips (Atom, Celeron, Pentium, and Xeon), almost any laptop you buy today will be Windows 11 compatible.
For desktop computers, you will also need a compatible motherboard. Manufacturers have already started to publish the list of compatible models. Interestingly, these requirements make Microsoft’s Surface Studio 2 not. This probably means the next generation is on the way.
Aside from possible outdated specs (something you should always keep in mind when buying a new computer), the only benefit to expect is that the new device will ship with Windows 11 installed ready to go. ‘use.
This will save you from having to install the free update, but you will still have to go through the installation process. All compatible devices can be upgraded to Windows 11 without losing programs, files, and settings, although a backup is always recommended.
Which Windows 10 Laptop Should You Buy?
It’s already a little more difficult to answer. There are a large amount of Windows 10 laptops to choose from, and new ones are always available in the market. To make it easier for you, we offer this selection of laptops according to your priority.
- Best laptops: The best Windows 10 PCs you can buy today, plus a MacBook. These are the ones that generally provide the best experience for all types of users, and not all are premium
- Best Cheap Laptops: The same could be said about this selection as before, but in this case there is a limit price. Most of them don’t cost more than $ 500, although there are some that are definitely worth it.
- Best Hybrid Laptops: Besides being good laptops, the only requirement that they must have to be listed here is that they be 2 in 1. This means that you will find both convertible and convertible laptops. tablets with removable keyboards.
- Best Microsoft Surface: Even if you just want to buy a Microsoft laptop, there are several options available to you. This includes models from the Pro, Go, Book and Laptop ranges.
- Best Laptops Game: More and more people want to play from their laptops. These devices are extremely powerful and have advanced cooling systems, and you can take them anywhere with you.
- Best Business Laptops: Now we work from anywhere, so it’s worth the investment in a laptop that’s up to the task. Many of these devices are not specially designed for this purpose, but they do offer good business functionality.
- Best Laptops For Students: Just because they’re ideal for students doesn’t mean they’re cheap. We’ve prioritized those that will help those currently studying to get the most out of it, whether they want something light or because they need a battery that lasts all day.
As you will see, some models fall into more than one category. Certain Windows 10 laptops are certainly ideal for more than one use.