When you make the difficult decision to buy components for the new computer or check the manufacturer’s pages or your usual hardware store out of curiosity, you may have doubts when you see the complete catalogs indicating which product is the best of a specific brand. Let’s not forget that not all of a brand’s products are good, nor are they all very bad, and there is always a range or a model that can be very interesting and correspond to us. We are going to save you time with SilverStone by summarizing which products you will not go wrong with in your purchase.
A trademark does not imply that it is the direct manufacturer of a product. They can either rebrand an existing model by purchasing the license, or actively participate in the design and have it manufactured by a third party. That doesn’t mean it’s negative and it’s completely normal. SilverStone, on the other hand, is usually a source supplier for much of the PSU series for other manufacturers.
Most Recommended SilverStone Products
Among its product catalog, SilverStone has a wide variety, being the strength of some very specific ones such as computer cases and power supplies, although it also has a wide range of fans and heatsinks for processors:
- Power supplies: As we have discussed in previous news, SilverStone has an excellent reputation when it comes to power supplies. Their entire range of power supplies carry some type of certificate and offer up to 5 years of warranty in Europe, at least for most of the catalog.
- PC Towers: Although they do not have the most striking aesthetic design on the market, in recent years they have worked on improving the cooling and flow of their boxes and the quality of the finishes must be highlighted. Without forgetting its latest products that can clearly remind us of what CORSAIR offers in its TOP catalog.
In its wide range of products, as we have pointed out, are PC cases and power supplies. And here are some recommendations within these ranges that you will surely have a good experience with, due to their specifications, design and quality.
WITHOUT R1 PRO V2
One of the most attractive SilverStone boxes in its second version, it has a model with and without tempered glass, in addition to being available in black and white. Its greatest virtues: a large air intake volume at the front, interior dimensions and an approximate price of 90 $.
- Compatible with ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX.
- Graphics up to 340 mm.
- Heatsinks up to 161 mm.
- Possibility of upper and front radiator of 120 mm and 140 mm.
SilverStone PS15 PRO
For those looking for a smaller size for their rig, the SilverStone PS15 Micro-ATX Tower measures 192mm x 351mm x 381mm (W x D x H) and will do just fine at a more than reasonable price of just $80 including VAT. Among its most outstanding features we find:
- Tempered side glass.
- Rear fan and two 120mm ARGB front fans.
- Graphics cards up to 314 mm.
- Per forated front for better air circulation.
Fonts: Form Factor Matters
SilverStone was one of the first manufacturers to take power supply sizing seriously. As dimensions increased with power, SilverStone worked on “power density” by offering more in a smaller size.
Power density = horsepower / liters (width x height x depth)
A clear example are these recommended models:
A clear example of what power density is can be found in sources from the SilverStone SFX range, especially in the SX family. The SX650-G source has a density of 819 W per litre, for an approximate cost of $140 including VAT. In addition to its small size, it has:
- SX GOLD range available from 600 W to 700 W.
- Certified 80PLUS Gold.
- 5 year warranty.
- Single ramp +12V.
- 8/6 pin PCIe support.
In its SFX-L range, SilverStone plays it safe. They are certified 80PLUS Titanium, and Cybenetic ETA (Efficiency) Titanium and LANDA STANDARD +. The SilverStone SX800-LTI model has a power density of 775W, in its 800W range, with a very small footprint of 63.5mm x 130mm x 125mm.
- Single rail +12 V with 66 Amps.
- Titanium 80PLUS and ETA certificate.
- 100% modular with flat cabling.
- Compatible with PCIe 8/6 Pines.
These are the best SilverStone products you can currently buy for your PC, as long as they meet your needs.