Sony has quietly announced that all online and multiplayer features of 2015 Everyone’s golf will be taken permanently offline in September. This will make it impossible to collect some trophies even though the game is in single player mode and offlineThe modes remain playable.
As discovered by gematsu
gematsu Has compiled a handy list of all the online features that will “stop” on October 1st. It’s not a short list!
- Open course selection
- Participation in international tournaments
- turf war
- Checking the latest daily leaderboard
- Checking the latest copy ranking
- Partial view of the notice box
- Partial browsing of this month’s articles
- Partial browsing of last month’s articles
- Purchase and use of Warp Medals
- Acquisition of some items related to fishing
- Player reporting
- Display of the most recent profile card plus number of copies
- Partial library search
- Acquisition of the Platinum Trophy “Push it to the Limit!”
- Earning the Walking Encyclopaedia Gold Trophy
- Earning the Bronze Trophy “Online Debut”
Everyone’s golf for PlayStation 4 launched in August 2017 and was developed by Gossip Hans
Fun fact I just discovered today: Camelot developed the original gamee in the series before proceeding to the mario golf Games for Nintendo.
igamesnews has contacted Sony about their plans to end online support for this game and that means for similarly older PS4 games with multiplayer capabilities.
While some may celebrate the fact that this is something niche game could support server for over five years, It’s still sad to see online features rolled into one game killed. Thankfully, at least this time around, people have a good six months of preparation time to grab trophies and play some final matches with online friends. However, it does make me nervous about other older PS4 games and how long their servers will stay.
Oh, and don’t forget Clap Hanz’s latest golf game, released on Apple Arcade last year. It’s good!