Solid metal gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and any anthologies containing these games are no longer sold online due to expired licenses for historical footage used in cinematics. That also means that Solid metal gear HD collection will be leaving the game streaming service PlayStation Now.
Konami informed the fans about the takedowns in the market place in a statement on Monday morning
- Metal gears Solid 2 Sons of Liberty HD Edition for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater HD Edition for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Metal Gear Solid HD Edition for PlayStation 3
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Now
- Metal Gear Solid HD Edition: 2 & 3 for Xbox 360
- Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D for Nintendo 3DS
Additionally, Metal Gear Solid 2 substance is accepted by GOG.com, and Metal gear Solid 2 HD
Konami called the move “a temporary decision” and said it will “work on making these products available for sale again”.
Konami did not specify exactly what footage caused the takedowns. Eight years ago, YouTubes did all of the cutscenes from KefkaProduction Metal gear 2 and Metal gear 3
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty was released on PlayStation 2 on November 13, 2001, so it’s possible Konami had a 20-year license to sell games with certain scenes and that was as good as infinite in the disc media days. Solid metal gear 3 launched November 17, 2004, possibly with clips that are under the original license. This has been a problem for some great games of all time that have been remastered, republished, or anthologized over the years, particularly the Grand Theft Auto series from Rockstar Games, known for the music on their worldwide radio stations.