Genshin Impact will be updated very soon to your version 2.7 and on the same day Yelan’s banner will be available in the gachapon, so it’s a good idea to prepare for her arrival by knowing her talents, ascension materials, best artifacts, build, best weapon and team composition for this character.
How to get Yelan
Yelan will be the five-star featured character of the Gachapon ‘Discernidora de enigmas’ / ‘Discerner of Enigmas’, which will arrive on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at Genshin Impact. It will only be available for a few weeks.
During this time we can spend Intertwined Destiny to make wishes. There is a very low chance of getting a 5-star character, but the game ensures that you will get one every 90 attempts. If the first 5-star character we get from this gachapon isn’t Yelan, the game ensures that the next 5-star character we get will be her.
What will Yelan’s skills and talents be in Genshin Impact?
- Normal Attack – Sneaky Arrow: Fire up to four consecutive shots.
- charged attack: Fire an accurate shot that deals increased damage. Upon aiming, a stream of water will build up and deal Hydro element damage if fully charged.
- Passive – Breakthrough: If the team is out of combat for five seconds, Yelan enters a Breakthrough state. The charge time of your next accurate shot is reduced by 80%. Once fully charged, the shot becomes a bolt arrow that deals Hydro damage proportional to Yelan’s maximum health.
- Talent (Elemental Skill) – Lifeline Tether
- Ultimate Skill Talent (Ultimate Secret Technique) – Clairvoyant Dice: deals Hydro damage in an area of effect and creates an intricate die that aids her in combat. It follows the character and performs a coordinated attack that deals Hydro damage proportional to Yelan’s maximum health when she makes a normal attack or when the lifeline blast hits an enemy.
What is the best weapon for Yelan?
The new arc that will arrive in the corresponding Gachapon of version 2.7 of Genshin Impact, Water Imagesis meant to be the best weapon Yelan can use.
This weapon increases the maximum health of the bearer between 16% and 32%, depending on her level, which also increases the damage of Yelan’s talents. Additionally, it increases damage by 20% to 40% when enemies are nearby.
Of course, this weapon is not easy to get. Other good four-star options are:
- compound bow: Increases your attack and normal attack speed.
- sacrificial bow: You can reset the charge time of an elemental ability when performing it.
- Alley Hunter: Increases your attack in relation to the time you are not in combat.
- Dark Crag Arch: Increases attack after defeating an enemy.
- Night Waltz: Increases the damage of elemental abilities after using normal attacks.
What are the best artifact sets for Yelan?
Since Yelan is one of many DPS characters, the attack-boosting artifact sets can come in handy:
- traveler’s heart
- Martial artist
- warrior heart
- gladiator ending
- Reminiscence of the Purification.
Heart of the Deep it can also be a useful set as it increases your Hydro damage. However, to better take advantage of her abilities that increase damage with her maximum health, the best artifact sets for Yelan’s ‘build’ in Genshin Impact son:
- Geo-Armada Tenacity
By last, Emblem of Destiny
What is the best team composition for Yelan?
If you have Yelan on your team it’s best to take advantage of talents that deal Hydro damage even after she leaves combat, like the life buoy tether and the clairvoyant diceand cause immediate reactions.
This immediately gives us two ideas: Bennet y Shogun Raiden. The former can cause Evaporation as soon as Yelan’s abilities take effect, as well as being an excellent support and healing character. In combination with Shogun Raiden, Yelan can maintain constant Shock effects.
The last slot in the best team composition for Yelan in Genshin Impact can be another Hydro character, like Kokomi, or another Electro character to keep Shogun Raiden charged, such as Yae Miko o Fischl.
This, of course, is a possible composition. The character is flexible enough to adapt to different teams.
Ascension and talent upgrade materials for Yelan in Genshin Impact
Yelan Ascension Materials
|Level||Egg yolk||common materials||local specialties||boss items||Mora|
|20+||1x Bit of Varunada Lazurite||3x Insignia of the rookie||3x Star Conch||20.000|
|40+||3x Varnished Lazurite Fragments||15x Recruit Badge||10x Star Conch||2x Rune Fang||40.000|
|50+||6x Fragments of Lazurita varunada||12x Sergeant’s Badge||20x Star Conch||4x Rune Fang||60.000|
|60+||3x Varunada Lazurite Chunks||18x Sergeant’s Badge||30x Star Conch||8x Rune Fang||80.000|
|70+||6x Varunada Lazurite Chunks||12x Officer’s Badge||45x Star Shell||12x Rune Fang||100.000|
|80+||6x Lazurita varunada||24x Officer’s Badge||60x Star Conch||20x Rune Fang||120.000|
- Varunada Lazurite in its different presentations is achieved by defeating bosses such as Rhodeia, Hypostasis Hydro, Protodragarto Geo and synthesizing them on the crafting table.
- Badges are earned by defeating Fatui Soldiers, Pyro Collectors, and Cicin Fatui Mages of different levels.
- Star Shells can be found on the Yaoguang Coast (Liyue) and the Falcon Coast (Mondstat).
- Rune Fangs are obtained by defeating the Ruin Serpent in the Chasm.
Talent (skill) upgrade materials for Yelan
|Level||Books||common materials||Mora||boss materials||Corona|
|Level 2||3x Teaching of Prosperity||6x Insignia of the rookie||12.500 Mora|
|Level 3||2x Prosperity Guide||3x Insignia of the silver||17.500 Mora|
|Level 4||4x Prosperity Guide||4x Silver Insignia||25.000 Mora|
|Level 5||6x Prosperity Guide||6x Insignia of the silver||30.000 Mora|
|Level 6||9x Prosperity Guide||9x Insignia of the silver||37.500 Mora|
|Level 7||4x Philosophy of prosperity||4x Officer’s Badge||120.000 Mora||1x Golden Scale|
|Level 8||6x Philosophy of prosperity||6x Officer’s Badge||260.000 Mora||1x Golden Scale|
|Level 9||12x Philosophy of prosperity||9x Officer’s Badge||450.000 Mora||2x Golden Scale|
|Level 10||16x Philosophy of prosperity||12x Officer’s Badge||700.000 Mora||2x Golden Scale||1x Crown of Wisdom|
- The Golden Scale is obtained by defeating Azhdaha.
We wish them the best of luck trying to get Yelan into her Gachapon, her ascension and upgrade materials, weapon, and everything else she needs for her build. Remember to take a look at our guide to get all the characters.