During the State of Play of June 2, 2022Capcom has shared the first trailer for Street Fighter 6. This new trailer has revealed small details of what the game’s story mode could be like, characters and some other details about the fighting or combat system that Capcom will use in this new installment of its iconic fighting game.
Some of the scenarios shown in the first trailer for SF6 they are set in Metro City, the original city of the game Final Fight.
Table of contents of essential article of SF6
Which characters appear in the trailer? Street Fighter 6?
We all knew that Luke would be one of the main characters Street Fighter 6so it is not unusual to have seen him together with Ryu y Chun-Li in the new trailer. However, together with these three characters who return to SF6 Capcom introduced a Jamie.
In an entry on the official PlayStation blog, Capcom’s Andy Wong has revealed who the new character of Street Fighter 6 called Jamie. This new character, who will debut in SF6, is a Chinatown pacifist who aspires to follow in the footsteps of Yun and Yangthe Twin Dragons who debuted in Street Fighter III. Jamie is an expert dancer who puts justice and friendship above all else.
What are the characters that will be in Street Fighter 6 since its launch?
During the night of May 3, some images of designs of Street Fighter 6 they were filtered. These images could have revealed the initial group of characters of SF6. These images show a total of 22 characters, which could be the initial group of fighters that will be available from the launch of Street Fighter 6.
This is the list of the 22 characters that will be available from the launch of Street Fighter 6 (SF6):
- Ryu (Japan).
- Ken (USA).
- Zangief (Rusia).
- Dhalsim (India).
- E. Honda (Japan).
- Blanka (Brazil).
- Guile (USA).
- Chun-Li (China)
- Cammy (Inglaterra).
- Dee Jay (Jamaica).
- Rashid (Saudi Arabia).
- Yuri (South Korea).
- Ed (Germany).
- Akuma (Japan).
- Luke (USA).
new characters from Street Fighter 6
- Mariza (Italy).
- Jamie (Hong Kong).
- Mimi (France).
- Lilly (Mexico).
- JP (Russia).
- Kimberly (USA).
- A.K.I (China).
Additionally, some of these characters—along with a couple of HUD images from Street Fighter 6 They have also been shared by some users on the internet.
Other characters that could appear in SF6
The trailer of Street Fighter 6 it has ‘cameos’ of characters that are not among the 22 that were leaked. These characters are Li-Fen —Chun-Li’s disciple—, Damnd of the game Final Fight and even a reference to Hakan from SFIV. The question is will these characters be in the story mode or will they join the pool of playable characters later as DLC?
How does the «Drive System», the new fighting or combat system of SF6?
Capcom with the launch trailer for Street Fighter 6 has presented how the «Drive System» works, the new fighting or combat system that will have SF6. So it is normal for many to wonder how the “Drive System” works. Fortunately, Capcom has quickly answered this question.
- Drive Impact (strong kick + strong fist) – A powerful punch that can absorb an opponent’s incoming attack and cause a ‘wallbounce’. It costs one Drive bar.
- Drive Parry (Medium Punch + Medium Kick): Repels your opponent’s attack and recharges your Drive bar.
- Drive Rush (➠➠): Can be executed to cancel a normal attack or a Drive Parry. It can be done up to three times in a single combo and costs one drive bar. Basically, the Drive Rush is a like the FADC of Street Fighter IV.
- Overdrive Art– Similar to EX moves from previous games, Overdrive Arts power up special moves for the cost of two Drive bars.
- Drive Reversal (During Block ➠ + Heavy Punch + Heavy Kick): Perform a counterattack, similar to V-Reversal, which helps to get out of the pressure of the opponent’s attack.
How many types of controls will you have? SF6?
Street Fighter 6 You will have two types of control. The first is the old one with six buttons and running everything normally. The second is ideal, according to Capcom, for new players. This is because modern control allows players to execute powers with simplified movements.
How does modern control work?
As can be seen in the image, the type of modern control of Street Fighter 6 allows with the help of buttons and directions on the pad to execute movements, for some complex ones. This is ideal for those who want to get into the world of fighting games and need to get used to the pace of a fight before jumping into the classic type of control.
What game modes will it have? Street Fighter 6?
The franchise Street Fighter continues to evolve to redefine the fighting game genre with the introduction of three new modes to SF6.
- Fighting Ground: Street Fighter 6 unites the main fighting modes from previous titles in one place. So in this mode we can access training, arcade mode and local and online multiplayer in one place.
- World Tour: this is the story mode of SF6. In this mode, players can create their own avatar and explore the world of Street Fighter 6 to create your own legend.
- Battle Hub: According to Capcom, this is a place that gives gamers of SF6 new ways to participate, communicate and interact.
SF6 will have feedback in real time
Street Fighter 6 will feature real-time commentary, much in the style of sports games like FIFA 22. Commentary will be provided in English by Jeremy “Vicious” Lopez and in Japanese by Aru, two well-known ‘casters’ from their countries’ scenes. However, the way they are announced could give us to understand that through DLC Capcom could add more. It should be noted that Capcom has confirmed that these comments will have subtitles in 13 different languages.
When will it come out or what is the release date of Street Fighter 6?
If you are those who have been excited about this new announcement and are wondering when it will come out or what is the release date of Street Fighter 6you should know that the sixth installment in Capcom’s flagship fighting game franchise is coming sometime in 2023.
What consoles will it be available on? Street Fighter 6?
Street Fighter 6Unlike its previous installment, it will not be exclusive to Sony consoles. The sixth (6) installment of Street Fighter It will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S|X and PC via Steam.
Fuente: Capcom’s YouTube channel