Hide photos on iPhone and protect them with password it’s something you might need at any time. Whatever the reason, you should know that there is no specific function in iOS that allows you to hide and protect them, although they can be hidden in a Photos album. However, it would then suffice to have the iPhone’s PIN or password.
Fortunately, there are other ways to do this. without resorting to dubious apps.
Hide your iPhone photos with a password in Notes
Did you know you can save photos to the Notes app on your iPhone? Well, it’s one of the functions of this iOS series app (there are even those who use Notes as something similar to Notion), which we will take advantage of this to hide the photos
- Select the photos you want to hide from iPhone Camera Roll and tap the Share button.
- Press the option Add to notes by selecting a news or another that interests us.
- When you send them to Notes, go to that app and open the note. In the ellipses, select the option to block with a padlock.
- It will ask you to create a password or enter the one you have already entered on other occasions.
- Last step: Delete the photos from the camera roll.
From now on, the photos that you put there will be password protected on your iPhone. You can also access it with the the password from a Mac or iPad with the same Apple ID.
Apps to hide photos with password on iPhone
Moving on to third-party apps, in my opinion it’s best to use cloud storage and secure your access by password, Touch ID or Face ID. In our tests, we were able to hide iPhone photos and protect them in Readdle’s Dropbox and Documents. Here’s how:
- For Dropbox, go to app settings and activate the code. With this you will simply put a password. On an iPhone with Touch ID or Face ID, you can use this more comfortable system.
- For documents, also go to general app settings and enable this lock. In this app, you can also choose password lock, Touch ID or Face ID.
And There you go. With this you will only have to add the photos to the corresponding folder of one of these applications to hide them on your iPhone. they will be protected of friends chatting on other people’s devices.