Changing the ringtones on your phone is easy, but there isn’t just one way: you can choose the melodies that the phone brings, download new ones, edit a song in your music library, or personalize a song you downloaded. Want to improve the sound of your Android? We show you how to personalize your mobile and from where you can download the best ringtones.
Mobile melodies and their notification tones may be out of order because a most smartphone owners vibrate it or enjoy your smartwatch / activity bracelet. Even so, there will still be those who prefer to hear an audible alert. whatever your mobile has to say. And since you can put any sound on the phone, why not customize it to sound different from others?
The best app for finding ringtones
To change the ringtone or notification of any smartphone it is necessary to have the sound in a compatible format, such as MP3. Additionally, every phone already comes standard with a few tunes, so it’s a good idea to take a look at the sound options in settings first. In case none of them convince you, tap download new tones.
You can place any melody, be it a song or some other sound. To find them, it’s best to use apps that include their own audio library. AND There is no better option than Zedge
To download ringtones to your phone using the Zedge app, you need to install it first. Next:
- Go to the “Ringtones” section and browse the recommendations.
- If you can’t find what you want and you have a melody in mind, click on the magnifying glass (top right) and write the terms you want.
- Enter the results that match your needs. In this case, “Ringtones”. You can also select “Notifications” to change alert sounds.
- Click on the ‘play’ icon to play the sound you want. If this is what you are looking for, click on the card for that melody to open the options.
- Click on the ‘Set’ icon and select what you want: o ‘Set ringtone‘to assign the melody to all incoming calls or’Set the contact ringtone“If you want the melody to change only when a specific person calls.”
You don’t need anything else to change the ringtones and notification tones of your mobile: with Zedge you have the best selection with very simple customization. What is it that doesn’t convince you? Let’s look at some other ways to customize tones.
Cut a song to set it as a ringtone
Imagine you downloaded a song to your phone and wanted to set it as your ringtone. The easiest way is to choose this song in the phone settings, but since it is much longer than the ringtones last, you will not be able to hear the parts that identify the song. So it is best to crop it to adjust the start of the pitch where you are interested.
To edit the songs in your library (they must be in MP3 or similar format, downloads from Spotify or other streaming apps aren’t worth it) we will use an app. For the task we have chosen Audio cutter and ringtone maker. It’s simple, convenient, and despite the ads, it doesn’t offer in-app purchases or exceed permissions.
Audio cutter and ringtone maker
Once the app is installed, do the following:
- Open Audio Cutter and Ringtone Maker and choose ‘Select audio files‘.
- Give it permission to access the storage and find the song you want to edit.
- The application will have opened the audio showing the graphical representation of the sound. Now you need to move the selected area to the song part of the song you want. And you can adjust its length with the silver dial on the right.
- Click on the “play” icon until you have made sure that the selection is the one you are looking for for your ringtone
- Click on the lower save icon and choose the audio quality and file name. MP3 and 64 Kbps is more than enough: the quality of a ringtone does not need to be very high.
- Click on “Good” and you will have the audio recorded on the mobile. The application saves the results in the “Music” folder, in its own directory.
With Audio Cutter and Ringtone Maker, you can edit any song, music and even the recordings you made with your mobile. Once the audio file is created, all you have to do is adjust it as a key.
How to change the ringtone of your mobile
Whether you created your own audio file or it was sent to you (or downloaded for that matter), you will need to manually set as ringtone or notification tone, both for all notifications by phone and by contact. With the Audio Cutter and Ringtone Maker app, you can customize it with its options, but let’s see how it is done without any app, only with what your phone comes standard with.
- Open your Android settings and find the sounds and vibrations section. Each brand names it differently.
- Enter the ringtone options, you will see that your mobile has a large selection of melodies. To add a new one, click on the ‘+’, on ‘My sounds’ or any other similar option: a file explorer should appear.
- Go to the folder where you downloaded the sound (preferably in MP3) and select it: you will have changed the ringtone. And you can do the same with notifications.
- In case you want change the ringtone of a single contact You will need to open the “Contacts” app on your mobile, edit the information of the person you want and choose the melody you want from there.