It is difficult to play together on a sofa these days. Super Mario Party alone is a bit bad. So here is the update he needed. Or almost.
See also: Nintendo Switch: Fujifilm is Nintendo’s partner with instax, the return of the Game Boy printer?
Super Mario Party welcomes a free and important update to play online. The party game of the famous Nintendo console, released in 2018, finally opens up to the modern age and even allows to play two per console. Note, however, that a Nintendo Switch Online subscription is required to benefit from it. And that not all content is available.
But let’s see what update 1.1.0 brings with its patch notes:
New features added
- You can now play the following modes online:
+ Mario Party
+ Mario Party and Duos
+ Free game (mini games)
- A subscription to the Nintendo Switch Online service is required to play online.
- To play online, choose Mario Party, Mario Party Duos or Mini-Games, then choose Play Online.
- There are two ways to play online: friendly competition where you can compete against your friends and restricted competition where you can play with anyone who uses passwords.
- You can play online in two ways:
+ 1 player per console (play two, three or four players)
+ 2 players per console (play three or four players)
If both players are playing on their own consoles, they will not be able to play with two other players on another console.
- You can play online using the “Invite Friends” feature. If you select “Invite Friends” on the screen where you expect other players to join, your chosen friends will be able to connect you through online game invites on their user page. It can be accessed from the HOME menu by selecting your user icon in the top left of the screen.
+ Only Mariothon Online is not compatible with the “Invite Friends” function.
- All 20 characters and all maps can be used during online play regardless of your current game progress.
- 70 of the 80 mini-games can be played online.
- The following 10 mini-games are not available for online play:
+ Cadence jumps
+ Disco synchronization
+ Fruit skewers
+ Rhythm references
+ Tape, tape, tape tape
+ Wave of supporters
+ Regular washing
+ Horse rhythm
+ Prestidigitation rhythm
+ Capable majorettes
- Game data is not saved when playing online.
Super Mario Party is available on Nintendo Switch.