As promised, the second post-release patch Battlefield 2042 Has arrived. This update is a bit small, but it does bring several popular fixes and directly addresses several major criticism points in the game.
Update 0.2.2 The most interesting new feature is to weaken the excessive weapon bloom, which makes the shot not fall where you are aiming. It also makes the PP-29 SMG-the weapon everyone uses by default to avoid blooming-reduce range efficiency by increasing its vertical recoil.
Another important fix in today’s update is to fix a bug that prevented players from resurrecting when they died next to a wall or geometry. At this point, the player should no longer fall into the ground, unable to resurrect or regenerate.
The game will now automatically kick you back to the respawn screen after 30 seconds as a failsafe against this issue.
Since its launch, the LCAA hovercraft has dominated the vehicle version with its powerful weapons, agility and speed, but it has been weakened. First, it now has lighter armor, making it less damage. Its top machine gun will now also cause less damage.
Machine gun adjustments are practically applicable to all land vehicles in the game. DICE reduced bullet damage from 18 to 13, so that its damage began to fall at 40 meters instead of 60 meters, and reduced its maximum attenuation damage to 6. Basically, machine gun shots will drop more and cause less damage.
The balance changes in the 0.2.2 update are also extended to MD540 Nightbird and KA-520 Super Hokum helicopters.
Read the full change log below.
Battlefield 2042 Patch 0.2.2 Full Notes
- With the exception of shotguns, the spread of bullets for all weapons has been reduced. This should improve accuracy during the game.
- The PP-29 vertical recoil has been increased to ensure that the weapon does not overplay when it exceeds its expected combat range.
- Solved the problem that players killed near obstacles such as walls or water cannot be resurrected.
- Resolved a situation where the player was trapped on the ground and could not respawn. We also introduced a hidden timer that will activate after 30 seconds of being turned off and force a redeployment when needed.
- The breakthrough match will now end correctly after the last sector is captured.
- Resolved an issue that caused players who lined up in the battlefield portal to wait for the match to be sent back to the menu instead of joining the match when there is room.
- Comprehensive improvements have been made to stability to prevent rare game crashes.
- The armor type of the LCAA hovercraft has been adjusted, which increases its vulnerability to different weapon types.
MD540 Night Bird Installed 20mm cannon-we are reducing the radius of damage caused by bullets on impact and reducing their splash damage:
- Reduce the size of the explosion radius from 3 to 2.
- Reduced internal explosion radius damage from 1.5 to 0.75.
KA-520 Super Law -30mm cannon (side mounted)-We are reducing the overall damage and range of bullets that cause full damage, while increasing the overall bullet spread:
- The explosion radius has been reduced from 2 to 1.6.
- Explosion damage reduced from 20 to 14.
- Reduced bullet damage from 18 to 15 before damage decay starts.
- Reduce the damage falloff distance from 200 to 180.
- The bullet damage at the maximum decay distance has been reduced from 8 to 6.
- Increase bullet range and spread.
AH-64GX Apache Chief with KA-520 Super Law -30mm cannon-We are reducing the radius of bullets that cause damage on impact, and reducing their splash damage:
- Explosion damage reduced from 20 to 18.
- Increased the damage reduction of enemies farther from the bullet impact center.
We reduced the overall damage Machine gun suitable for all land vehicles, And the bullet damage reduction that started earlier now:
- Bullet damage before damage decay has been reduced from 18 to 13.
- Reduce the damage falloff distance from 60 to 40.
- Reduced bullet damage at the maximum attenuation distance to 6.
- UAV-1 has been re-enabled in Battlefield Portal.
- Greatly reduce the delay and speed of life recovery.
- Increase missile damage to vehicles and infantry.
- Drones can now kill enemies on the road.
Next week, Battlefield 2042 will receive another more important patch. DICE calls it the largest game to date, and it will bring back missing features, improve the user interface, change the game audio, improve the skills of the AI robot, further adjust the gunfight, and introduce new balance changes and performance fixes.
If all goes well, we may get a third smaller patch before the studio holiday break.