A man out Robertson County, Tennessee, was playing a video game during a storm Saturday night when a nearby lightning strike caused him to be outright shocked the cable of his controller.
As WKRN Reports, the man played after dinner when he was hit and called the ambulance for help.
Josh Rice, assistant director of Robertson County Emergency Medical Services, told News 2 that medics answered a call from a man struck by lightning in Greenbrier at around 9:15 p.m. on Saturday.
When the crews arrived they said they discovered the man’s house was either hit or lightning struck nearby and he was shocked by a video game controller.
While this Sounds bad he’s OK! He was able to make the call, and when the ambulance arrived they found he hadn’t shown up injured, “wanted to be examined to make sure he wasn’t injured ” and did not need to be transported to a local hospital.
Lightning strikes while playing video games are no joke! I remember playing San Andreas on my PS2 back then and a tree right outside my bedroom window was struck by lightning. It didn’t go through anything I was holding or sitting on – in contrast to this unlucky fellow –but my television was bizarre fried, because afterwards it only showed its color in different shades of purple.
And while this may sound like an event in a million, it was only last year when karma a professional Rocket League player, was playing a game during a storm, holding a wired video game controller, and exactly the same thing happened.
In this case, she was even more unlucky than the Robertson County man, da Karma actually suffered burns on the hand, and the shock melted the USB port on the controller she was using.